Why Physicians Should Embrace AdWords Campaigns
AdWords is Google’s program that allows you to place your ads on their giant search engine. Your ad shows up any time visitors to the site type in certain phrases or words called keywords that are related to your ad. If the visitor chooses to click the ad, they are directed to the site that you have linked the ad to. This method of advertising is also called pay per click, or PPC, because you pay each time a visitor clicks your ad. You don’t pay anything if the ad merely shows up, but no visitor clicks on it. Often, when there are many ads with similar keywords, the one who pays the most will have their ads shown first and will, therefore, have more traffic directed to their sites. Such has been the popularity of this type of marketing that it is now Google’s chief source of revenue.
Marketing Using AdWords Can Help Grow Your Practice
Some plastic surgeons are averse to marketing their brands in any form because they think it would come off as being overly commercial. However, this view is flawed as the goal of marketing is more than just increasing revenues. Apart from increasing revenues, plastic surgeons need marketing for fighting off competition and negativity, attracting new patients, recruiting new providers, and introducing new services. With increasing importance of the digital economy, these goals cannot be achieved if the plastic surgeon’s practice lacks a strong online presence. Of all the tools available for increasing a brand’s online presence, AdWords campaign is the best for physicians and other businesses. Here is why:
- Effectiveness: In online marketing, it is not just enough to attract many visitors to your webpage; you need to have a high conversion rate, too. Compared to other online marketing initiatives, Google AdWords have a very high conversion rate. If used well, they are also more efficient as the cost of acquiring a new patient is much lower than in other marketing initiatives.
- Accuracy: There is no need spending a lot of money on online marketing only to attract an irrelevant audience. Google AdWords allow you to fine-tune the type of audience you want to target based on location, demographics, etc. so that you only attract visitors that will be of value to your practice.
- Financial Control: You can decrease or increase your marketing budget in real time. For example, you can place a patient special ad for a few days and remove if you don’t get the desired results. This gives you a level of financial control that you cannot get when using other online marketing tools.
Tips for Creating a Successful AdWords Campaign
AdWords marketing can only be effective if it is used well. When poorly employed, you may end up losing a lot of money. Here are some tips you can employ to create effective ads:
- Keywords: The most important part of designing an ad is the keyword. Make use of keyword tools offered by Google to find phrases and words that are relevant to your brand so that you can attract only desirable visitors.
- Headline: The headline is the first thing visitors notice on your webpage. Make it as powerful and attractive as possible so that visitors can stay on the page to read what you have to offer and take action.
Pay per click. PPC marketing with Google AdWords is both an effective and budget-friendly way to improve a brand of a physician and increase their online visibility. The program has many options that allow businesses to employ a variety of strategies to maximize results and attract more new patients. It is, therefore, a great marketing tool that every medical practice should try out.