Whether you’re advertising cosmetic surgery or any other business on the Internet, the design of your website can affect the amount of traffic you get to your site. Certain design elements can actually help to increase the traffic to your site. In addition, your overall website design and all of the individual elements that go into it can either encourage your visitors to stay on your site and return time and again or they can turn your visitors off and send them packing. The following are design tips to help build your website’s traffic:
- Keep it clean and simple. Make sure that your overall design is clean and simple. An overly cluttered site looks unprofessional, confusing, and a sure way to send visitors elsewhere.
- Include a logo. An attractive, professional logo is a must. A great tip is to make it link back to your homepage. Also make sure that it coordinates with the colors on your site.
- Optimize your images. Optimize your images and other graphics to download quickly. If your pages take too long to load, you’re sure to lose traffic.
- Add some interactivity. An interactive website is one that visitors return to time and again. You can make your website more interactive by adding a forum or message board, a visitor poll, a tip of the day, and so on.
- Add a site map. A site map is a page which contains links to every page on your website. Site maps help visitors more easily navigate a site and they help search engine spiders to more quickly and thoroughly index all of your pages.