When it comes to plastic surgery advertising on the Internet, search engine optimization is essential. Many, if not most, of the visitors to your site will likely find you through the search engines. By optimizing your website to rank high in search results, you’ll get more visitors to your site. In order to successfully promote your website to the search engines, consider the following search engine checklist before submitting your site:
- Do some homework. Be sure to check out your domain name’s history to make sure that it’s never been used by spammers or banned by the search engines. Also be sure to check the terms of service with your hosting company. If you’re using a shared host with a shared IP address, you want to make sure that your neighbors aren’t known spammers who will get you kicked out of the search engines. Adults sites and gambling sites are well-known for spamming.
- Include TITLE and META tags on every page. Every page of your website, and not just your homepage, should have appropriate TITLE and META description tags that are unique to each page and include keywords.
- Use keywords. Make sure that you’ve used your targeted keywords and keyword phrases effectively. Your targeted keywords should be relevant to the page content and should be included in the content, TITLE and META tags, header tags, link text, ALT text and TITLE attributes, and directory and file names.
- Develop a good structure. Make sure that your most important content is high up in your website’s structure. At the very least, this content should be within the first three levels of your site.
- Create a site map. Make sure that your website has a text-based site map. Search engine spiders love these, and they can be very helpful to visitors as well. A link to your site map should be included on every page of your site.
- Ban spam. Spam can quickly get you kicked out of the search engines so be sure to avoid any spamming tricks. Don’t use hidden text, don’t partake in keyword stuffing, and stay out of link farms.