By now, many people know that creating lots of content and continually updating your site with fresh content is essential to gaining top positioning in search engine rankings for your cosmetic surgery website. But generating all that targeted content can get tiresome. Regardless of your topic or area of interest, you’re sure to run out of ideas from time to time. The following are tips for helping you to discover new ideas for creating new content:
- Visit chat rooms and message boards. By visiting chat rooms and message boards related to plastic surgery, you can get a good feel for the questions and interests of your potential patients.
- Discover topics on television. Any information related to plastic surgery that is broadcast on the news, talks shows or other television programs may indicate a hot topic that would make for great content on your site.
- Consider your industry. Any current trend or fad in plastic surgery can make for great content.
- Conduct site surveys. By surveying visitors to your website, you can directly determine the types of articles and content that they want.
- Check out best sellers’ lists. Best sellers’ lists at bookstores and in newspapers can provide great up-to-date ideas and topics for content. With the growing popularity of plastic surgery, you’ll likely find some relevant topics.
- Review your guest book. Visitors often leave questions or comments on your site’s guest book, and these can prove a great source for content ideas.
- Save patient questions. Keep a list of all questions and/or concerns that you get from patients and site visitors. These questions and concerns are often the same ones that other potential patients will have. FAQs can be created from these and you can expand on individual questions to create further content.
- Consider the season. You may be able to come up with some topics based on the time of year. Perhaps liposuction becomes more popular with the start of summer or even after the holidays.