Successful Internet marketing for cosmetic surgeons, or any business for that matter, includes regularly monitoring your website’s performance. Just as it’s important that you monitor your practice or business to see how it’s doing, it’s important that you regularly monitor your website as well. The following are those aspects of your website that should regularly be monitored:
- Traffic. It’s important to keep an eye on the total traffic to your site. Little traffic or a significant drop in traffic may require you to make some changes to your website.
- Referring Sites. Along with the number of visitors your site is receiving, you can also keep tabs on where they’re coming from. You may be getting more traffic from one search engine than another and, thus, you may need to better optimize your site for the other search engines.
- Keywords. You can determine the keywords that Internet users are using to find your site. This can allow to see which keywords are worth targeting, which are not, and which may require a little tweaking.
- Number Of Pages Viewed. The number of pages people are viewing while visiting your site is important. If they’re visiting just one page or a small number of pages, you’ll need to make some changes to encourage them to delve deeper into your site.
- Which Pages Are Visited. This can help you determine which of your pages are working to attract visitors and which are not.
- Forms. It’s important to regularly monitor any forms you have on your site to ensure that they’re functioning properly. These may include contact forms, newsletter sign-up forms, and so on.
- Download Times. Slow to load sites are one of the most frequently cited Internet annoyances. Regularly check the pages on your site to ensure that they’re downloading quickly. It’s best to test your site at different connection speeds because not everyone has a fast-speed connection. If your pages are slow to load, you may need to cut some elements, such as overly large or too many graphics.
- Server Speed And Accessibility. It’s important to keep on top of your server’s performance as well. Any problems with speed or accessibility should immediately be brought to their attention.