One of the greatest things about the Internet is that it has the ability to make the world a smaller place. If you want some authentic African tribal art, you don’t need to travel to Africa for it. You can simply get on the Internet and have it sent right to you. Or if you’re in the market for a new television, you don’t even need to go to the store around the corner. Just go online, purchase one, and have it sent to you from just about anywhere in the world.
When it comes to plastic surgeon website promotion, however, you may want to consider taking some efforts to promote your website locally. Some potential patients may be willing to travel for particular procedures. For instance, it’s clear when visiting any forum on hair transplantation that traveling for a procedure is fairly common. For other procedures, however, patients may prefer to stay closer to home, or at least relatively so. While a person in New Jersey may be willing to travel to New York , Philadelphia , or even Maryland for a facelift procedure, they may be less inclined to travel all the way to California . As such, it can be very beneficial to promote your practice’s website locally. The following are some tips to help you do just that:
- Create a local title tag. Every page on your site should have an effective TITLE tag. This can increase your search engine rankings and make your website more appealing in search result listings. You can incorporate your location into a TITLE tag by writing something like the following: Dr. Smith Plastic Surgery. Chicago Metro area’s leading plastic surgeon for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
- Include your phone number. To make it easier for potential patients to contact you, consider including your phone number in your META description tag. You might write something like the following: Dr. Smith Plastic Surgery, Chicago , IL . Leading plastic surgeon for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Call 555-555-1234 for more information.
- Target local keywords. It’s important that you carefully select the keywords that you want your website to target. While targeting terms like plastic surgery’, plastic surgeon’, rhinoplasty’ and the like, you should also consider targeting keywords that take your location into account, such as plastic surgery Chicago’, Chicago plastic surgeon’, and rhinoplasty Chicago’. This can greatly improve your search engine rankings because it decreases your competition. For instance, there are approximately 19,800,000 results in Google for the search term plastic surgery’, but only 2,490,000 for plastic surgery Chicago ‘. Remember to use your keywords and keywords phrases on your page. While your address may give your location, try to add some local references throughout your text, but be sure that the use of your keywords makes sense and is in context.
- Submit to regional directories. When submitting your website to major search directories, going for the broader categories isn’t always the best option. Instead, you can submit your site to a local category such as your city or state. This tends to get you into the directories faster and easier. You should also consider submitting your site to smaller directories focusing on your particular area. Many states and cities have resource sites on the web.
- Link locally. Link popularity is important to your search engine rankings. Having related sites linking to your site can increase your link popularity. As such, consider linking with other local sites.
- Incorporate your online promotion into your offline promotion. Any advertising that you do offline, such as print ads or yellow page listings, be sure to include your website address. Also be sure to add your website address to any other printed material, such as business cards, invoices and the like.