Link exchange has become the it’ thing, synonymous with search engine optimization (SEO). Link exchange refers to the practice of exchanging links with other websites. This is typically done as part of an SEO campaign in order to increase a website’s link popularity with the search engines. Link popularity is basically a way to measure the total inbound links from external pages which point to a given website. As far as the search engines are concerned, the more quality inbound links that your website has, the greater your link popularity and thus the better your site will rank in search engine results.
When it comes to plastic surgeon website promotion, the search engines can be your greatest asset and are capable of bringing the majority of traffic to your website. Because your website’s link popularity can greatly impact your success with the search engines, it’s important that you acquire as many quality inbound links as possible. The following are important points to keep in mind when it comes to link exchange:
- Page Rank. Be sure to check the page rank of the particular webpage on which your link is placed. A link from a webpage with a higher page rank will be far more beneficial than one from a webpage with a low page rank. In fact, you should avoid links from webpages with a page rank of 0.
- Number Of Links. Check the total number of links present on the particular webpage on which your link is placed. It is better to have a link from a webpage with comparatively fewer links than one that is inundated with links.
- Link Position. Check the position of your link on the referring webpage. It’s better to have your link placed near the top of the webpage as this typically carries more value and can increase your page rank.
- Anchor Text. It’s important that you include anchor text in those links to your website that will be placed on other sites, rather than simply listing your website’s URL with a link. Further, this text should include your targeted keywords. This will be far more beneficial for your website.
- Link Emphasis. Emphasize your links by bolding or italicizing them. Search engines tend to give these links more weight which can increase your page rank.
- Link Farms. Make sure that your referring websites aren’t link farms. The search engines do not like link farms and this can actually hurt your website’s performance. Your links should only be placed on credible, relevant websites.