It’s pretty clear that a confusing website is not a good website. Nevertheless, so many websites out there are just that – confusing. Whether marketing cosmetic surgery practices or any other business on the Internet, it’s important to ensure that your website is easy for visitors to use and understand. The following are helpful tips to ensure that your website doesn’t confound your visitors and thus send them elsewhere:
- Focus on the top half of the page. The top half of the page is the part of a page that first comes into view in a browser window. As such, it is the first thing that your visitors see. Make sure that it loads quickly and that it clearly identifies what your site is about and what you have to offer.
- Lighten up on the clutter. Since it must be immediately clear to your visitors what your site is about and what it has to offer, keep the clutter to a minimum. If you page is so full of headlines, banners, links and so on, it may be too overwhelming and impossible for visitors to understand what your site is about.
- Answer your visitors’ questions. Use a headline and paragraph at the top of your page to answer your visitors’ most important questions. What can you do for them? How can you help them? What are the benefits of your services? What makes you better than your competition?
- Ensure quick downloads. Your pages must load within eight seconds, preferably quicker, or else your visitors will most likely move on.
- Make your contact information visible. Make sure that every page on your site has some contact information, an email address and telephone number for instance. Also add a link on your navigation bar to a contact page that has further information including a physical address, fax number and any other contact information. If you make your contact information hard to find or don’t include it all, your visitors will wonder what you’re hiding, whether or not you’re legitimate, and why you don’t want anyone to contact you.
- Create an ‘About Us’ page. An ‘About Us’ can help build confidence and add to your credibility, allowing visitors to know that you really do exist. Include important information about you, your education and your qualifications, and even a photo. You can also add some information about your practice, your employees, and even photos of these as well.