Flash is an animated graphics technology and format using one or more sequential timelines in which actions and interactions are defined. Thousands upon thousands of websites on the Internet use flash, but many more do not. There are those who swear by it and believe that flash can make a site. Still others believe that, with few exceptions, flash should never be used. In truth, there are both advantages and disadvantages to using flash. Whether you’re marketing cosmetic surgery or any other business on the Internet, it’s important to consider all of the pros and cons before deciding whether or not use flash on your website.
- Flash can add a more professional, more attractive appearance to a website.
- Flash intros, when done correctly, can capture the viewers’ attention.
- Unlike Java Scripts and HTML code, Flash Source Scripts cannot be stolen.
- Flash files can be slow to download, which can be particularly damaging when used on an intro page.
- Flash requires users to have a flash player plug-in, which not all Internet users have.
- Flash is not compatible with all browsers, such as the older versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- Pages containing flash are impossible for the search engines to crawl.