Designing a sticky website is important whether you’re advertising cosmetic surgery or any other industry on the Internet. A sticky website is a site which encourages visitors to stay longer, thus increasing the chance that they’ll become actual customers, or actual patients in this case. The following are important tips for increasing your site’s sticky factor:
- Make your pages quick to load. Studies have shown that your pages must load within eight seconds or else your visitors are likely to leave. While a site must portray a good design, it’s important that you take care with your multimedia and image files. Use only those that are necessary and add to your design, and be sure to optimize your image files and layout tables.
- Provide visitors with plenty of good content. A good website for advertising cosmetic surgery shouldn’t just offer information about the plastic surgeon and his practice. There is a great deal of other information that visitors to your site are likely to find helpful and informative, including information about particular procedures, the associated risks, preparing for surgery, what to expect after surgery, the benefits of each procedure, selecting a qualified surgeon, what to expect from the consultation process and so on. All of this content can help to bring more visitors to your site. Further, by providing them with the content they want, you can keep visitors on your site, establish yourself as an authority on plastic surgery, and increase the chances that they will become your actual patients.
- Give your visitors a sense of community. One of the best ways to keep visitors on your website and returning again and again is to create a sense of community on your site. By creating an online community, your visitors are able to connect with others like them. You can do this by adding a message board or forum to your website, and even by conducting online polls and surveys.
- Let your visitors contact you online. Make it easy for visitors to your website to get in touch with you, whether they want to make an appointment for a consultation or have a simple question. Have a contact page, and include a prominent link to your contact page on every page of your site. You can also have a Q&A forum where visitors can ask questions to which you respond.
- Respect your visitors. Don’t resort to annoying tricks to keep visitors on your website. This includes disabling the browser’s back button, using pop-up windows when the main browser window closes, or resetting the visitor’s home page on their browser to your site. These tricks will only annoy your visitors and ensure that they never return to your site.