When building a website as part of a plastic surgery marketing plan, it’s important that you create an enjoyable design. This is true for any business, but particularly when it comes to plastic surgeon marketing. After all, plastic surgeons represent an ideal of beauty and, as such, your website should convey this. However, a design that is enjoyable for your visitors is not solely about aesthetics. Other elements that help make a design an enjoyable one are those which make it easier for your visitor to interact with your site and provide them with what they’re looking for. Consider the following when creating an enjoyable website design:
- Consistency. Keep your pages and all the elements of your site consistent throughout. Your navigation system and other common elements should be in the same location on every pages. Templates can be great for creating consistency.
- Easy Reading . Because reading text online is different than reading it in print, it’s very important that you optimize text for easy reading. It’s best to use dark text set against a light background. Avoid dark colored or patterned backgrounds. Also make sure that your text is appropriately sized, being neither too small nor too large.
- Jargon. Avoid using overly technical jargon. This is particularly important with plastic surgeon marketing as terms that are familiar to you may be confusing to your visitors.
- Load Times. It’s essential that your pages load quickly, preferably within eight seconds. If it takes too long for your pages to load, your visitors will simply leave.
- Logo. It’s essential that your website include a logo which defines the look, feel and direction of your practice. You may already have a logo for your practice and, if this works, you can certainly use it on your website. A great idea is to incorporate a link to your homepage into your logo so that visitors clicking on your logo will be brought to your homepage.
- Navigation. Your website’s navigation system must be simple and easy to use, allowing visitors to easily and quickly find the information that they’re looking for. Keep your navigation consistent throughout all of your pages. A site map and even a search feature can greatly aid in navigation.
- Purpose And Goal. Make sure that you understand the purpose behind creating a website. When it comes to plastic surgeon marketing, the main purpose typically involves the promotion of your practice. Your site may also serve to inform potential patients. Similar to the purpose is the goal of your website and your individual pages. The goal is to get visitors to your site to contact you in order to become your patient. Your website should then be set up in a logical sequence that moves visitors toward contacting you. When creating your website, always have your purpose and goal in mind and make sure that your pages are consistent with them.