When it comes to marketing cosmetic surgery practices on the Internet, your website’s content is essential. Visitors to your site will likely be looking for information about plastic surgery procedures and plastic surgeons. As such, the content that you provide them with must be valuable and informative but also persuasive. Further, by ensuring that all of that content is rich in targeted keywords, you can perform well in the search engines and gain even more traffic to your site. Writing for the web, however, is very different from writing used for other purposes. The following tips will help you to effectively write for the Web:
- Minimize unnecessary copy. Because Internet users tend to be a hurried, sometimes impatient lot, make sure that every word on your website counts. Don’t use unnecessary words or phrases. Stick to copy that grabs your visitors’ attention and draws them in.
- Make your point clearly. Not everyone will completely and fully understand the message of your website right away. As such, make sure that you quickly and clearly get your point across using descriptive words and examples.
- Repeat key points. Don’t mention your key points or benefits just once, but repeat them instead. It’s best to repeat your strongest point at least three times.
- Highlight key points. Draw attention to important points, words and phrases by bolding them, using a different color, italicizing them and so on.
- Give your content some space. One long, drawn-out page of nothing but text can be very boring, if not daunting. Give your content plenty of space and break it up with headings and subheadings. Lay it out so that visitors can skim your copy and pick up on key points.
- Use only relevant content. Make sure that all of the content on your site is relevant to your theme. Visitors to your site want to know about plastic surgery, so don’t give them an article on baseball, no matter how well you can get that baseball page to rank in the search engines.
- Keep your formats consistent. Make sure that your content is formatted consistently throughout your site by using the same font types, text colors, text sizes and so on.
- Be careful with jargon. It’s important that your visitors be able to understand the content on your site, and this is particularly important when it comes to marketing cosmetic surgery practices. You may know what blepharoplasty is, but many of your visitors may be more familiar with eyelid surgery.