The Internet is a great tool for cosmetic surgery advertising. If you’re interested in creating a website for your plastic surgery practice, there are several considerations that you should first think about. Many of these are questions that any good web designer would ask, and your answers can greatly help with the planning and development of your website.
- How will a website advance your practice and what is the message you hope to convey through your website?
- Who is your primary audience, including their age, professions, disciplines, interests and so on? Keep in mind that design options may be limited if you are targeted a very broad audience.
- What are the secondary goals of your website? For instance, is it also an informational site?
- What subjects do you hope to cover on your website and what is unique about you and your business? List at least five separate subjects in order of priority.
- What is your preferred domain name, including the extension (.com, .org, .net, etc.)? Come up with several choices in case your preferred choice is not available.
- Is the material for your website (content, pictures, etc.) in electronic form or will file conversions be required?
- Will your site require advanced functionality (Access, Microsoft SQL, etc.) or will it need to be coded in a special language (Allaires Cold Fusion, Microsoft ASP, etc.)?
- Will the site be interactive, including forms, message boards, and so on.
- Will you be hosting your site in-house or with another provider?
- Do you have staff able to respond to email?
- Do you plan to maintain your site in-house or have it maintenance performed by your designer?
- Will your website be designed from scratch or made over from an existing site?
- What is the look and feel that you’re hoping to convey through your website. Browse through other websites to find examples of what appeals to you.
- Will your website design need to be consistent with any other marketing materials, such as brochures, publications, and so on?
- Do you have an existing logo that will be used or will you need a new logo designed?