Whether you’re marketing plastic surgery or any other business on the Internet, adding a chat room or discussion board to your website can be very advantageous. There are very few drawbacks and a slew of benefits, including the following:
- Communication. Discussion boards allow you to communicate with your visitors, which can foster trust and intimacy. They also allow your visitors to find and communicate with other people who have similar interests.
- Repeat Traffic. Visitors to your site will return again and again to see updates, new answer to questions, new posts, and to otherwise participate in your chat room.
- Visitor Information. By viewing the conversations that your visitors have with one another and the messages they post, you can learn a great deal of important information about them that can be applied to your website and your practice. For instance, you may learn the most popular procedures, your visitors’ most common questions and concerns, and so on.
- Establishing Your Expertise. By responding to your visitors’ questions and concerns, you can establish yourself as an expert, thus increasing your credibility in your visitors’ eyes.
- Spider Food. Because chat rooms and discussion boards are generally filled with lots of content that is relevant to your site, they can often help your rankings in the search engines. Remember, too, that this content is mostly being created by your visitors.
- Education. You can use your chat room or discussion board as a great educational tool for your visitors, hosting occasional online tutorials about plastic surgery.