Not too long ago, Google search results appeared as simple, clean pages displaying ten results and an ad or two. Those days are now long gone. For some, the more cluttered results pages are a source of irritation, but for those looking to market their business online, the new format equates to more opportunities for achieving and controlling multiple first-page rankings.
When you conduct a search in Google, you’re not just provided with organic text results any longer. Mixed in are Image results, Video results, Local results, News results and more. But consider this: With a little effort, a simple search of your business’s name can now garner multiple first-page rankings that you control, from your actual website to your Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages, your YouTube videos and news stories, and even a Wikipedia page. You might even be able to achieve multiple first-page listings from the same domain.
The following are simple tips for helping you achieve rankings within all those possible results and ultimately control the vast majority of first-page ranking for your business.
- Image Results. Google is increasingly displaying image search results on search results pages. Because this outlet is often ignored by companies, competition tends to be much lower. This can be particularly effective for those in the aesthetic industry given the importance of before-and-after patient photos.
- Video Results. Like images, videos are often popping up in today’s search results. While these are mostly YouTube videos, it is possible to get videos embedded on your site listed as well. You might include videos displaying your patient results, surgical videos, educational videos, news clips and more.
- Local Results. From map displays, local listings, hybrid results and more, local results are now being integrated more and more into search results. Local listings are particularly important for businesses with a physical location that clients visit as well as those targeting specific geographic areas. If you have a stellar reputation, patients may travel from all over the country and the world for your expertise, but it still doesn’t hurt to find patients closer to home.
- News Results. Relevant news articles are now being displayed among search results as well. You might be able to get into this category with articles, press releases, and media spots.
- Shopping Results. When relevant, shopping results appear on results pages as well. This may take a little creative thinking, but if there are products that you do sell, such as compression garments or skincare products, it may offer another outlet for you.
- Third-Party Sites. Third-party sites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, guest blogs, and business profile sites offer a highly effective way to gain first-page rankings in Google. Make sure that you only select highly qualified, high-authority sites.
- Sitelinks. Google supports both expanded sitelinks and standard sitelinks, both of which provide you with more search results space, more links and ultimately more exposure. Be sure to use informative, compact and non-repetitive anchor text and alt text for your site’s internal links.
- Multiple Domains. Though somewhat controversial, this method can be effective when done properly. It’s important that your additional domains are not superfluous and instead make sense to your visitors. For example, you might have additional websites dedicated solely to rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty or liposuction.
Whether you can implement a few or all of the above strategies, you’re likely to see substantial gains with greater exposure and increased traffic. To learn more or for assistance with your Internet marketing strategy, visit Surgeon’s Advisor online at su5g40nsstg2.wpengine.com.