The forum has been discovered by many as a great tool for website promotion. Not only can it increase link popularity, it provides your visitors and patients with a great community. Though starting up and running a forum can be time-consuming, there are many ways in which your plastic surgery marketing efforts on the Internet can benefit. These benefits include the following:
- A glimpse inside your visitors’ minds. One of the greatest benefits of a forum is that it allows you a glimpse inside the minds of your visitors, or potential patients, as well as current and past patients. By observing and interacting with posts, you can get a feel for what visitors really think, what they really want, and what their concerns are.
- Doctor-patient bond. By interacting in the forum, particularly responding to questions and concerns, you can create a stronger connection between yourself and your visitors.
- Added sense of security and reliability. Visitors, even those who don’t create posts, feel an added sense of security and reliability from the existence of recent and continually updated posts. They get to communicate with others like themselves. Further, forums can add a great deal to your credibility on the Internet.
- More traffic. As visitors return and reply to posts and post new topics, your traffic increases.
- Improved search rankings. Search engines like forums. They take notice of increased internal link popularity, as well as increased content relevant to your site.
- Setting yourself apart from the competition. A good forum can really give you a competitive edge and set you apart from your competition.