There are many important decisions involved in a good plastic surgery marketing plan, one of which is the choice of a web hosing company. Today, there are thousands of web hosts out there to choose from, which can make the decision a daunting one. Taking the following important considerations into account will help you to make the best choice possible:
- CGI-Bin. Many websites use some type of CGI script. This may be a mailing list management script, contact form processors or the like. In order for you to use a CGI script, your web host must allow you to install and run it, which requires what’s known as a CGI-Bin. Some hosts only allow their pre-installed scripts to be used.
- Email. Some hosting companies use email accounts as a come-on, offering far more email accounts than you’d most likely ever need. Make sure that you don’t fall for the come-on and end up spending more for something that you don’t really need.
- Reputation. A web hosting company’s reputation is likely the most important thing to consider. Do a little research on any host you’re considering, and pay attention to any negative feedback you come across.
- Server Space. It’s important to consider just how much space your plastic surgery website will take up on a given server. The files comprising most websites typically use between one and five megabytes of disk space, a bit more if the site includes an image gallery. Many web hosts will try to attract you by advertising more server space, several hundreds of megabytes for instance. In most cases, you simply won’t need this much so don’t fall for the come-on if you don’t need it.
- Technical Support. Ideally, you want to find a web host with great technical support who’s easy to contact. Make sure that the company has toll-free telephone and email support available 24/7.
- Up-Time. All servers go down from time to time. It’s important that you find out from any potential server what their up-time guarantee is. While you want the highest percentage possible, remember that a 100% guarantee is not possible, even though there are hosting companies out there making this claim.