A FAQ page, or Frequently Asked Questions page, is a must for most online businesses. When it comes to plastic surgery marketing, a FAQ page can greatly benefit your visitors, providing them with answers to many of the questions they may have about you or your practice. In addition, it can save you time, decreasing the amount of emails you must answer, particularly when those emails are from visitors asking the same questions again and again.
FAQs have another benefit. They can be a very powerful search engine optimization (SEO) tool, helping you to rank higher in search engine results and increasing the traffic to your site as a result. The following are tips to help you get the most out of your FAQs:
- Create a table of contents or index for your FAQs which links to all of your individual FAQ pages. This will help your visitors find the individual FAQ that they’re looking for while also helping the search engine spiders index all of your FAQs
- Use your targeted keywords and keyword phrases in your FAQs. You can focus on one keyword per FAQ, thus targeting a variety of keywords. Make sure that you use your chosen keyword in the title as well as the body of the page.
- Give each question and answer a separate page, and make that page as keyword-rich as possible. Each page and each FAQ will then be able to target a different keyword or keyword phrase.
- Make your link text linking to your individual FAQ pages rich in keywords.
- Make your individual FAQ pages simple. Use little or even no images on your FAQ pages, but be sure to provide a link to your FAQ index as well as your homepage.