If you’ve decided to take the plunge and get your plastic surgery practice out there on the Internet and marketed properly, congratulations, it may just be one of the most lucrative decisions you will make. But with the Internet what it is today, simply designing and publishing a website is no longer enough. To ensure that that decision, and your plastic surgery website, is indeed a lucrative one, there are essential elements that must be incorporated into the design of your website.
- A Focused Goal. Your website must have a focused goal. For your plastic surgery website, that goal is to attract targeted visitors to your site and give them the information they need in order to become actual patients. Every aspect of designing your website must be achieved with this goal in mind.
- A Well-Organized Structure. Good website design is detail-oriented with each individual detail adding to the overall site. This can mean a lot of details. Because of that, it’s important that the structure of your site be organized. This is often best achieved with a design and structure that are fairly simple, incorporating no more than what is absolutely essential. A lack of organization can confuse visitors, both in the purpose of your site and how to use it, and actually send them away.
- Appealing Yet Easy Design. The design of your site certainly must be appealing, but it’s important to keep your visitors in mind. Lots of flash and images and colors may seem appealing, but they can be hard on your visitors. It’s best to keep the design simple and professional and to use web safe colors.
- Easy Navigation. Your site must be easy for visitors to navigate and find what they’re looking for. Visitors must be able to easily move from one page to another. Poor navigation can drive visitors away.
- Content. Lots of valuable, relevant content is good. Provide visitors with all the information that they could possibly need. Also be sure that your content is regularly updated and/or added to to keep it fresh and keep visitors returning.