By now, most people know that good content is an essential element of a good website. We keep hearing ‘content is king’, ‘content is key’, ‘content, content, content’. But just what makes content good? There are some basic guidelines when it comes to creating good, valuable content for your plastic surgery website.
- Keep it relevant. One of the most important things about your content is that it be relevant to your site. This means that the information and articles you provide must be about plastic surgery, your plastic surgery practice, and so on. While this may seem like a no-brainer, you’d be surprised by the number of sites out there offering content completely unrelated to the focus of their site.
- Keep it accurate. The content on your site must be accurate. Incorrect information can hurt your credibility and your reputation. This is particularly important when dealing with medical information.
- Keep it free. The content you provide on your website should be free. After all, you are making a living by selling your services as a plastic surgeon, not by selling the information that you can provide. Good content can highlight your knowledge and expertise and work in your favor. Make it available, for free, to everyone.
- Keep it understandable. The content you provide must be able to be understood by the visitors coming to your website. This is particularly important when it comes to a medical-type site. Your visitors are not fellow doctors, but average people who may not have any idea what rhytidectomy is but most likely know what a facelift is.
- Keep it original… or at least try to. Ideally, your content should be your own. If, however, your own content is poorly written or otherwise bad, then your own content is definitely not the best way to go. In this case, you can use free content that you find elsewhere, though be sure to give credit when due, but keep in mind that your own original, well-written content is always best.