When it comes to plastic surgeon website promotion, articles are an excellent way to promote your site and gain more high quality traffic. The articles that you write can be available on your website and, provided that they’re optimized for the search engines, can help you to rank well in search engine results. However, you can also get them posted on e-zines and sites providing free content to e-zine publishers, which can establish your expertise and credibility while also providing more traffic through links to your site.
There are, however, some guidelines when it comes to writing your articles. By following these guidelines, you can maximize their effectiveness.
- Keep it short and simple. Keep your article short and to the point. Think of it like a sample of your website, enticing readers to visit your site for more.
- Keep it helpful. The most effective articles are those which offer helpful, useful advice. As such, your article should take the form of a tip or a solution to a problem.
- Avoid jargon. Avoid using technical terms and other jargon. Instead, make sure that your articles can easily be read and understood by the average person. This is particularly important when it comes to a plastic surgeon’s website.
- Make it personal. It’s often best to write from personal experience. This tends to engage people better and hold their attention longer.
- Avoid errors. Even the simplest spelling and grammatical errors can threaten your credibility so make sure that your articles are error-free.
- Avoid the sales pitch. Make sure that your article isn’t salesy’ but is, instead, honest and offers valuable information and advice.
- Include a resource box. Make sure that you include a resource box at the end of your articles. This is the most important part of using articles for promotion. A resource box is basically a small paragraph that includes your name, the name of your practice, a short tagline, and the URL and link to your website. Keep it simple and no longer than six lines.