There are many ways to promote your plastic surgery website and get more traffic. Unfortunately, some methods of building traffic can hurt you more than help you. As such, be sure to avoid the following traffic-building mistakes:
- Bad or Missing Meta Tags. Make sure that your meta tags are working for you. They not only let the search engines know what your site is about, they also let visitors know what you’re about and, ideally, should encourage them to click on your site. Make sure that they’re relevant, well-written, and that they capture the user’s interest.
- Lack of Links. Links are very important when it comes to building traffic and shouldn’t be overlooked. Inbound links help your rankings in the search engines and also bring more traffic to your site.
- Single Keywords. Targeting single or overly broad keywords often pits you against far too much competition. In most cases, multiple word keyword phrases can prove far more successful. Instead of simply targeting surgery’ or plastic surgery‘, also target more targeted keywords like a location-specific term such as Chicago plastic surgery‘. There are, of course, exceptions to this, for instance a single word used in a niche market with only a few competitors.
- Spam. There are lots of spam techniques that, in theory, can bring you lots of traffic. Unfortunately, they can also get you banned from the search engines. Though tempting, don’t try to spam your way to lots of traffic.
- Untargeted Traffic. When building traffic, you want to ensure that you’re building targeted traffic. There’s no real point in getting lots of traffic to your site if they’re not at all interested in plastic surgery. Make sure that you select appropriate keywords and keyword phrases to target and that you clearly define your site in your meta information.
Remember that once you’ve got lots of targeted traffic to your site, you have to satisfy those visitors and keep them coming back. Make sure that your site is designed to do just that. All those visitors to your site will simply leave if your site is poorly designed. A good, simple, clean design that is easy to use and provides lots of valuable content will satisfy your visitors. Further, by regularly updating your content, you can encourage those visitors to come back again and again. Also be sure to keep on top of your website’s performance in the search engines and make any changes as necessary.